Religious figures appealed to the Almighty God to protect Ukraine from Russian aggression.
The prayer event was held in Saint Sophia Cathedral on Wednesday morning, February 16, at the initiative of the Ukrainian Council of Churches and Religious Organizations.
The event began with the Lord's Prayer performed by the "Credo" Chamber Choir.
Prayers, words of blessing for the Ukrainian people, and appeals to protect Ukraine from Russian aggression were delivered by religious figures of different confessions:
- Epiphaniy (Dumenko), Primate of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, Metropolitan of Kyiv and All Ukraine;
- Sviatoslav Shevchuk, Head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church;
- Victor (Kotsaba), Bishop of Baryshevsky, Vicar Of The Kyiv Diocese of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church;
- Vitalii Kryvytskyi, Bishop, Ordinary of Kyiv-Zhytomyr Roman Catholic Church;
- Stanislav Nosov, President of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Ukraine;
- Leonid Padun, Senior Bishop of the Ukrainian Christian Evangelical Church;
- Yitzhak Yerehman, Rabbi of the Union of Jewish Religious Organizations of Ukraine;
- Rustam Gafuri, Sheikh, Deputy Supreme Mufti of the Religious Administration of Ukrainian Muslims;
- Hryhorii Komendant, the UCCRO Chairman, President of Ukrainian Bible Society.
The celebration was also attended by representatives of the All-Ukrainian Union of the Churches of Evangelical Christians-Baptists, Ukrainian Pentecostal Church, Ukrainian Evangelical Church, the World Baptist Alliance, and others.
The event ended with the prayer "Great God, only God" performed by the "Credo" Chamber Choir under the direction of the conductor, People's Artist of Ukraine Bogdan Plish.
Photo: Andrii Sydor